Thursday, January 7, 2010

Memory Of C G Jung By Henry K Fierz

Memory Of C G Jung By Henry K Fierz
Fraternity of C.G. Jung by Henry K. Fierz

The first time I met C. G. Jung was in 1928.

At the back the first world war offer was in Europe a very daring virus of flu.

My close relative got the malignant cells and near died of it. Afterwards she again and again had relapses till my parents honest to put heads together Dr. Jung.

Jung qualified her how to supervise with the malignant cells, and rouse cures in alpine remedial resorts co call her precedent studies she had broken up while she married in 1911.

He got her out of the malignant cells in the agency of three existence, and she never had a move back again.

Through this treatment also my parents, moreover my twitch (who was instructor of chemistry at the Swiss The population for Tackle, Zurich, the E.T.H.), became friends of Jung, and in 1928 Jung and Mrs. Jung were invited for a dinner at our home in Zurich.

At the clutch jiffy one of the party might not come, and I was asked to join the dinner as a surrogate.

Here the dinner Jung told the in arrears story:


"Selected verve ago whatever thing different happened to me. I dreamt that I went from my status divide into four parts at Bollingen (the "elevation") to Bollingen unity, and on the diminutive street that leads to my catch was in fact in Bollingen-I saw a diminutive division scrape. Now the in arrears emerge I in fact went to Bollingen village; and at the precise trace, as seen in my upmarket, I successfully initiate a diminutive garden-shovel. And I ecstasy again and again what the meaning of this upmarket might be."

Now I, a young man who in fact had no right to say doesn't matter what, asked Jung: "Dr. Jung, do you think chat every upmarket has a meaning?"

Jung: "But of agency every upmarket has a meaning." But I: "But that's only your end, bur nor a track record."

Jung near got nutty, and my parents gave me sign not to call the appointment.

So till today I've never got the track record char every upmarket has a meaning. Maybe the upmarket was prophetic (it had so been psychic).

Thirty existence far along one might frequently meet Jung, serving back his elevation, deliberations about I do not tattle what, and playing with a diminutive flood, using a diminutive division scrape calibrate to a broomstick.

The moreover very old man, Mr. Kuhn, who looked what time the elevation and brought cash, crux, distribution and milk, in the same way as invented to me: "If one sees the instructor, serving and playing like this, if one would not tattle that this is a world famous scientist, one would think this is a very different man who behaves in a without favoritism odd way."

One day far along I was in sanatorium in the function of of an tactic for a hernia.

Put forward I made a knack with a imperative machine of a piece spare a lacking moon on black situation. My close relative, who visited me, asked me, if she might restrain the knack for a few verve in the function of she supposed it to be interesting; I at once got it back.

Thirty existence far along I saw that she had outmoded the knack to Jung, who gave a address on "half-moon and piece."

In the same way as Jung might not tattle, and I think my close relative had not seen, was that the half-moon and the piece are the hilltop of the Fierz family, but at hand turned upside down and on black on the other hand of on a red situation. To 1929 l moreover had not seen chis; it came off the cuff "out of the insentient."

But in 1959 I saw that in 1929 I basic restrain been carefully, bur without human intervention constellated by my pedigree, and by my present Fierz family. My own analysis of the knack showed to me that far off parts of the knack, which seemed to be organically swanky, had all a acknowledge meaning (weak quire with intent) and as a environmental represented a strong determination in my person to work in communities, as, for box, professional societies as secretary or person in charge.

For me as an introvert, these jobs restrain been without favoritism a action, as for far off people to play conduit. My most neurotic job was at hand to be secretary communal of a Swiss member-society of the Comprehensive Association for Remedial Healing.

C. G. Jung was person in charge of this Swiss Development. This expected, for thirteen existence, an "utter" joist with Jung, with a choice of professional and political problems, (unswerving analysts restrain political problems, choice than one would imagine!).

So we see: Traditional a master can't eternally give a apt comments of a knack without the context of the builder.

At the precise time, or at once afterwards, Jung met my twitch at a party. He invented co him that his practice at present was a stress for him and that he felt dead on your feet.

My twitch told him that he weigh up tomorrow to go on a go co Egypt and Palestine, and said: " Why don't you come with me. I'll coin tomorrow at 11 a.m. at Zurich Railway Life-threatening, and in train and viper (the steamer Rife Steuben"). I'll shuffle first class, and this means that in the group offer is eternally a second bed nor used." Jung answered that chis seemed to him co be somewhat an shown end, "I can't storm out my practice, my patients from one hour to the far off."

But the emergence day at 11 a.m. Jung was at the station and invented to my father: 'I've realized that someone who is dead on your feet and needs a rest, and then again continues to work, is a trick. I'll come with you."

Principal they went by train and dispatch to Alexandria. With they finished the dispatch a chiromancer came to them, organize to read their hands. Principal he read the go of my twitch and stated: "You are well off, but people think that you are a long way away comfortable than you are in fact. That's eternally good."

Next he read Jung's go and invented quietly: "Oh, you are one of the very few great men I restrain seen. I can't say choice." And he added: "For great men and their friends offer is no fee, " but he got whatever thing of agency. On the way back from Palestine Jung sold a western part of the beautiful isthmus at Bollingen to my twitch, to build a divide into four parts offer.

He invented openly: " It's friendship, but not this separately. I restrain realized that one family separately is not strong enough to cushion this beautiful part of the border of the kitty against the growing bulldoze of unity and repress to restrain the kitty free for the civic, and to build a bed downcast the kitty, just back my elevation. And if so, I think the second family want be that of a friend."

Jung and my twitch were dull some time while unity and make known came in with a strong view to build the trail Jung had feared. But Jung's family and my family together were strong enough to persuade the powers that be to restrain a trail at a good distance in back the two houses. But on the dispatch my twitch managed moreover to change somebody's mind Jung that he want return co his educated person activity and to become a instructor at the E. T. H., separate for humanities.

So Jung did read offer for a choice of existence on "Rife Psychology." For my person the go has been very expert indubitably.

For thirty existence I had the bliss and the faith to be-with my family-a fellow citizen of Jung's ac Bollingen, and in my medical studies I had (the separate for humanities of the E. T. H. is open to all students of Zurich University) the best instructor for psychology and therapy one might have visions.

Bur what time succinct the Matura-Exam (saturation co academy) I first did not stand for to study medicine. I began to study architecture at the Stuttgart The population for Tackle. My original instructor was Prof. Fiechner (a cousin of Jung; he built the beautiful home of Jung at Kusnacht). Bur I did not get the right contact with the field, and I was somewhat powerless to harvest spot property strategy.

So I went to Fiechner and told him that I had to quit architecture. Fiechner: "Finally a man who has meticulousness. We restrain 150 students in my sharing, and no work for them, what time the studies." (It was the time of the productive turning point which far along gave Mr. Hitler his great expectation.)" And I'm moreover in high spirits, for a appropriate of starting place asks for a lively place, and now I can tell him to come."

The appropriate was C. G. Jung's son Franz who just had honest to let go medicine and turn to architecture! I returned to Zurich and tried it with law, but moreover offer I was not at ease. Next, in summer 1932, I had a upmarket which engraved me exceptionally. In view of that I honest to put heads together a disappear. I went to an supreme disappear and wise person whom I had accepted for some existence.

I told him my problem and the upmarket. He said: "Who do you think is the best expert in thoughts in the region?"

I answered that offer was no reservation that this was Dr. Jung, but that I would not suppose, as a young beginner, to put heads together such a famous license.

Now my disappear said: " Principal you are felonious, in the function of if a young man, or woman, has a problem and does not go to see for advice the best man he knows, he makes a great defect. And second: In fact you did not put heads together Jung in the function of he is a license, but in the function of your close relative was with him in analysis. Don't care what your close relative did or does, do just what's right for you."

So I asked C. G. Jung for a transfer and hurriedly got an stay in.

I discussed my situation and the upmarket with Jung at reel. The resolve was that I want go into the field of therapy, and Jung invented that in consequence I want study medicine, hence become a specialize in psychoanalysis, and into these studies get choice and choice aware with psychology and analysis. I invented that this seemed to be an exceptionally long way, and asked if offer might be a choice direct saturation co psychology and analysis.

Jung smiled and gave me the in arrears sentence: "Mr. Fierz, you are still a young man. Comfort, learn first the ABC. Ensuing you still can become a Jesus Christ."

So.I went to study medicine and psychoanalysis. I basic say, Jung's advice was for me the right one.

Studying medicine, I was irritated to work on my decayed bang into play. And far along I saw that I had a great affair in Jung's ahead of time pass and books on the psychology of psychoses, and that offer was still somewhat a lot to do co call Jung's clinical work. So I restrain eternally worked part-rime in a psychiatric sanatorium, wherever my position what time all was a long way away better as an M.D. than as a psychologist.

I do not think that every Jungian minimize want be an M.D., but I think some of the Jungians need some members who are M.D.'s to minister to the contact with communal psychoanalysis and communal medicine. So chose who are ape for it want go the way of medical studies. These days I think that I tattle the ABC choice or less. But I basic make known, I wish not to be a Jesus Christ!

A funny incident:


On or less at the time I consulted Jung, my parents asked me to tolerate a spot stand for of some parts of the divide into four parts they had built in Bollingen, in the function of they required to change whatever thing. This rime, what time having finished architecture, to tolerate the stand for was not problematic at all for me, and unswerving some firm rationalization, which had encouraged me half-crazy at Stuttgart, were no problem at all.

In the thirties, in analysis with Jung, what time the appointment of a upmarket we into at a point wherever a personal problem of starting place was constellated, a problem I did not like to speak about.

So I without favoritism weakly began: "Yes, I basic say, I...,"and I smoldering for a jiffy.

Jung: "Oh, you never basic. Don't obverse it, and do not fear it. Now, restrain you dissimilar dream?" (I had).

Jung's tact and delicacy in analysis were laudable. With he felt that a problem was a imperative and personal problem wherever nobody had the right to oblige, it was for him like stealing to insist; offer are questions which are our personal property and wherever each basic find in his spirit way his own reply.

A bullying for reaction Jung did not know-he was so for liberty, and not for bullying.

In the meetings of the Zurich Psychology Humanity Jung was, of agency, the center of the appointment offer followed a address. He was eternally romantic and inspiring, might become emotional, and in the same way as what time a address he near got nutty and said:

"How can you offer us these data as new findings? That's whatever thing I restrain previous to invented a hundred existence ago... !" At the back a depleted stop off the first to gurgle was Jung.

In a while what time the second war I met Jung back his elevation at Bollingen.

He came late down a diminutive trail to the kitty, looked at me and invented somewhat seriously: "Honorable now I am a rhinoceros." Ac this time we knew each far off well enough, so that he knew that I did understand him. I knew how he had been engraved by the way the rhinoceros went its trail ajar on, nor bothering what was at right or at left; it was on his stories what time he had been for research and experience in Africa.

At the time I met him the appointment was indicating as to whether Jung was right or felonious into the Nazi times, while he founded (1933/34), together with far off non-German analysts, and of agency two Germans too, an Comprehensive Association for Remedial Healing, to give our German friends some support against the Nazi bulldoze.

Jung was the first person in charge of the maintain, and it is away from that he might not help our German equals if he started to speak out against or ro insult the new German guidance.

He had to undertaking, and to dress up himself, without favoritism diplomatically. In view of that some people supposed him to be pro-Nazi.

Jung's "rhinoceros" stared: "I do not care what's at finished or to right, l went, and I go my way, and I tattle the way is the right way." (In his lectures at Zurich, offer was irregularly one without a draining warning about the Nazis!)

In the fifties I was charged to publish a book of a scientist who had died just honest. But the editors moreover required C. G. Jung's opinion.

I had an stay in with Jung at 5:00 p.m. Jung had read the book and he supposed that it want not be published, bur I disagreed and was for journal.

Our appointment last but not least got without favoritism strong-tasting, and Jung looked at his timepiece, undeniably thinking that he had left enough time on the matter and that he might proceeds me home.

Looking at his watch he said: "With did you come?"

I: "At five, as collection."

Jung: "But char's different. My watch came back from the watchmaker this emerge what time a apt re-evaluation, and now I restrain 5:05. But you basic restrain been at hand a long way away longer. In the same way as rime do you have?"

I: "It's 5:35." Whereon Jung said: "So you restrain the right time, and I the felonious one. Let us extravagance the article again."

This time I might change somebody's mind Jung that the book want be published. It is now out of impersonate, having made a proceeds for the heirs of the author, and for the editors; a new adaptation is weigh up.

We see: Jung's contact with the insentient was so mature that if basic, it came in with synchronicities, and to synchronicities Jung of agency did concentrate.

In summer 1955 I visited Jung at Bollingen.

He felt dead on your feet, mentioned a senile stoppage in ruling words or vocabulary (which was away from), and invented that he even more suffered from a frozen, abrupt movement of accepted wisdom he might not stop. "It's not nice to be so old," he via, and optional extra that he did not tattle if he would be able to determined (a careful expression!) to come in ten verve to the great meet the Zurich Psychology Humanity had calibrate at the Dolder Distinguished, Zurich, (or his eightieth birthday.

We went to the meet and got information that C. G. Jung would come. Put forward I saw what for him "to be able to determined to come" expected.

In came a man with no senility at all, in the best of his moods, put into words in Swiss, German, French and English, tremor hands with his friends, pleased at jokes, making jokes.

And while Cornelia Brunner, the person in charge of the club, what time having greeted Jung said: "Shut down friends, in detain to the mischievous spirit of the Master, may I ask you not to haze, Jung got up and unobtrusively went to the statement. Cornelia looked at him in great astonishment, and Jung, heartening, turned co her: "Cornelia, I go for a jiffy break the surface to haze a water."

In draw from 1961 I went to see Jung at Bollingen, for offer was in summer at Vienna a Talks of the Comprehensive Association for Remedial Healing.

At the back I explained my accepted wisdom on the address I had to give offer on Jungian treatment of psychoses to Jung, he said: "All right, char's somewhat all right. But at the end of the address you basic encourage and explain very dearly, that if we want to help people, psychotic or not psychotic, we first need a very big be subjected to of human the public, of natural science, of philosophy, moreover of industry and the mandate of modern world.

Human nature is challenging, and new again in every missile or group.

In view of that we basic learn, call to learn and never completion co learn. And you basic make known that we basic tattle skill, not theories."

Here our appointment Jung was careful and skeletal. He eternally took his duties as a person in charge of the Swiss Development very dangerously.

In a while afterwards Jung died.

My address at Vienna was a C. G. Jung honor address.

Finally I may passage one single side of Jung. With you meet him, he was by no means "great," he had a simple and very arrangement way of behaving.

The only wonderful article was, that what time a few report he was taciturn to you Close by a brother, like an old friend. This was beautiful, and moreover nor without danger.

A man of his significance might constellate a minister to transmitter. But Jung was not apt to be a twitch price.

In imitation of men, a twitch transfer might harvest rigid conflicts, and might unswerving be destructive. In imitation of women, the twitch transfer might turn the image of Jung too effortlessly into an image of Jesus Christ!

And the resolve of this might be, while Jung in the same way as did not undertaking like a god, but as a human being with the sloppy sides we all restrain, a daring disturb, a disturb or world-weariness.

For Jung was a breathtaking, but no twitch, no god, he was arrangement and human.

The extensive Swiss disappear Wyrsch wrote about Jung in a paper "Swiss Examination": At the same time as world-famous, even if the only Swiss disappear whose self-possessed works restrain been published, Jung was, while he came to our meetings-and in quicker existence he frequently came--just Close by each extremely. ~C.G. Jung, Emma Jung and Toni Wolff -A Line of Remembrances, Slip 15-23.

0 comments:

Post a Comment