Thursday, May 1, 2014

In My Mailbox 31 The Nautical Edition

In My Mailbox 31 The Nautical Edition
In my defence, I have gotten through five whole this week for the Bout of Books read-a-thon. Because, you know, that more than completely justifies the FOURTEEN books that have snuck their way into my house this week when I wasn't looking.

Anyway, this week is Nautical Week because I accidentally came home with the following five books within the space of two days:

Sense the theme here?

I haven't actually managed to shut up about "The Pirates! in an Adventure with Scientists "since I read the damn thing. I know I've infected a few of my readers with the Pirate Bug already :) But hey, that copy was a library book, so "I had "to go out and buy my own, and while I was there I may also have picked up the next two... I've actually read "...Moby Dick "already, so review to follow.

And then we have "Moby Dick. "I did want to read it anyway, but I admit that Gideon Defoe's book did spur me on a little. And "The Old Man and the Sea "because it fell off the shelf in Waterstones right in front of me. Signs from the Book God can't be ignored.

Ah, if only that was all.

Charity shops are lethal, especially when you volunteer at one. Staring at a shelf of books for four hours can make you desperately need books you never knew you wanted. None of the above were actually on my wishlist, but I've heard good things about the Jenny Colgan book.

"The Goddess Experience "I pretty much bought because it's so very beautiful. I read her earlier book, "The Goddess Guide, "and liked it a reasonable amount, so I couldn't resist this one. It's got a shiny gold and cream cover, and the pages are like glossy magazine paper. I love it :)

What else? Oh, "Heat Stroke. "Although I haven't read "Ill Wind "yet, Rachel Caine hasn't actually managed to write a bad book yet, so I figured I may as well buy the second while I could.

"My Cousin Rachel "and "Like Water for Chocolate "are both on my Project Fill in the Gaps List, so naturally they were a viable investment :) And pretending-to-be-intelligent thrillers are my guilty pleasure, so that explains "The Borgia Ring!"

"The Land of Decoration "has been on my wishlist for a while and I was 4th on the library's reserve list, so I was thrilled to have my swap requested for a copy. It's an ARC, but in wonderful condition.

And finally, Ellie from "Musings of a Bookshop Girl "was awesome enough to send me these two beautiful Vintage books - "The Handmaid's Tale "and "The Woman in White. "I love Vintage books - the covers are beautiful and the red spines all look lovely when lined up on a shelf.

*smiles at Ellie, who is perched on the mantelpiece eating chocolate buttons*

Wow. I don't think I've "ever "felt so guilty after an IMM. I have a TBR shelf that runs the entire length of the not-small room, and now I've had to add "another "pile on the floor to the one that was already there. Oops.

MAKE ME FEEL BETTER - WHAT'S IN YOUR MAILBOX THIS WEEK?



Credit: break-seduction.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment