Thursday, April 19, 2012

San Diego Love Affair

San Diego Love Affair
Last weekend, I went on an incredible trip to San Diego. With the exception of a day trip to the Del Mar Racetrack last summer, I had never been to SD before, and - boy - did it deliver. Could a place have more perfect weather? I think not... and a part of me wants to pack my bags and move there this evening.

My time in San Diego was all about lounging on the beach, floating in the pool (or for Autumn, having a nine year old beat her repeatedly in swim races), reading, conversation, naps, great food, strong drinks, new friends and feet in the sand.

I learned several things on this trip. For example, if my friend Ana tells you to trust her while throwing back drinks, you might want to think about it. :) A hot dog stand is a great place to squat while lost on the streets of San Diego (not me, thank you very much). Autumn can't deliver a pickup like to save her life, but really does love whales (long story). And, last but not least, there is almost nothing better than bonding with new friends on a road trip/slumber party weekend at the beach.

I think every woman needs a trip just with the ladies every once in a while.

If you celebrate Easter, I hope you have a happy one tomorrow. If you don't, I hope you still treat yourself to a chocolate bunny. Xoxo!

Credit: lay-reports.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment